34. I was a college radio DJ. I played the Friday 4pm-6pm shift for 5 people in the cafeteria.
35. I was one of 5 editors for my college literary journal. It was called "Arcady: The Swimfruit Edition"
36. I was also a cartoonist for the college weekly. This was before everyone used clip-art for their comics. I can hardly draw a lick but I guess it was either me or whitespace.
37. I watched about 40 or so Canadiens games on TV last season. I went to one at the Bell Centre. I plan on watching 50+ this year.
38. I had an operation when I was 5 to insert a tube into my ear canal. My ear was not draining properly and it was causing me frequent ear infections. It was removed when I was 12.
39. I've done improv with the guys from Fubar. (That's a popular movie in Canada.)
40. I know how to use a metalworking lathe. Those things scare the hell out of me.
41. I was in my high school choir. I am very tone deaf so this ended after 2 years. I'm not a big fan of singing.
42. I lived in Ottawa for 4 months on 2 occasions working as an intern at Nortel (as a co-op student for those who know what that means).
43. While living in Ottawa I went to a performance art show. There I saw my first theremin, a painting robot, a guy reading spoken word while wearing a hazmat suit and wondering how much drugs were involved in the production of the whole affair.
44. Whenever my wife and I travel, we buy a lithographic print from 1875-1910 (ish)depicting a landmark of that town. We have 5 pieces so far.
45. The first time I played ADnD I fought a skeleton, broke my sword and survived. I didn't play again until 3rd edition came out.
46. My bachelor's party was a trip to a paintball field with my friends. We were all too exhausted to do anything but try to stay awake at the strip club that evening (I swear!).
47. When people say weird things, I try to imagine it as the title of their autobiography. "I Can't Talk, My Mouth Is Full Of Hot Dog". Yep, that fits...
48. I have 2 pictures on my desk at work: one is from my wedding day and the other is of my 2 kids from just after Sara was born.
49. I don't believe that kids should be lied to about Santa. I think I will get into trouble with my wife one day.
50. I drink at least one cup of tea each day at work. I can't stand coffee.
51. I love to go canoe camping. Having to canoe to your site is just too much fun. The longest I've ever been camping is 4 days, 3 nights. I'd like to go for a full week someday.
52. I am really starting to get into DragonForce. Is it that they kind of sound like Metallica of old? That they put video game music in their guitar solos? That their lyrics sound straight out of a generic fantasy book? Do they exist solely for my entertainment?
53. I will download songs of the internet and if I like it enough, I will buy the album on iTunes (but I'll use the higher bitrate files I downloaded).
54. I bought an 8-bit album online for 5 bucks and it was so cool. 8-bit music is music made from specific consoles (or more generally "chiptunes"). The album I bought was by Bitshifter using the Gameboy audio card.
55. I can't stop playing Guitar Hero II. I should beat Hard sometime this month. Expert frightens me.
56. I love old maps. We have a set of 6 old maps of Montreal/Quebec/North America in our living room. I would love a print of the the first Mercator projection map. It's gorgeous.
57. I prefer the light from the newer fluorescent bulbs. It's much whiter.
58. Someone once told me this and I believe it to be true: Squirrels are rats with good PR.
59. If you don't like Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy, I'm afraid we will never really be friends.
60. We swapped my old set of Energy speakers for smaller, less visible ones when we moved. They sound ok but my Energy speakers sounded great. I could probably use a sub-woofer whereas I never missed it with the Energy set.
61. I get easily fixated.
62. Blackjack is the only game I will play in a Casino. I am still lifetime positive.
63. There is no optimal solution for storing photos on a Mac. iPhoto eats HD space and won't back up metadata, Aperture is sloooow, Lightroom won't import movies (wtf?).
64. I own the full Robotech series on DVD. It actually holds up better than 90% of the stuff I used to watch as a kid.
65. I have a birthmark under my right armpit. My brother has the exact same mark. My son does not.
66. The PVR set to always record the following shows: 30 Rock, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Flight of the Conchords. Everything else is my wife's idea.