7.16.2007

Continued Stochastic Neural Processes

1) I've got mononucleosis. I know you totally want to make out with me right now. You have two more weeks to try your luck.

2) I'm very much excited by Flight of the Conchords, a new show by two musical comedians on HBO. If you get chance to give it a chance, do so.

3) M.I.A. is coming to the Osheaga Music Fest here in MTL but it's 70$ and while you do get access to a ton of pretty good acts, the only one I really want to see is her. I'm bummed, dude. At least her new album, Kala, is coming out in August. The two tracks I've heard so far sound great.

4) Weezer is going back into the studio to record another album for 2008. They are one of the few acts from my college days that I haven't dropped from my auto-buy list. Nothing has even come close to the Blue album but the stuff they put out is still very listenable. Mind you, I was saddened that Beverly Hills got so big that I got super sick of hearing it.

5) Kids are cool. A lot of work but they're still cool. Sara is starting to get interactive so that's fun.

6) I bought Punch Out (NES) for my Wii's Virtual Console. That was and is a great game. I now have R-Type which I suck at but love to play, Super Mario World which I never played coz I did not have a SNES, Mario Bros (the old-school arcade version) which no one but me finds amusing. Paper Mario just came out, I might give that whirl if/when I get more Wii Points.

7) I really want to play Shadow of the Colossus which I've had sitting on my shelf for months now but I feel compelled to beat God of War first. It's an OK game but I'm not enamoured with it. I still have Metroid Prime II to finish as well. I don't think I'll pick up the new Mario Soccer game coming out. I'll hold out for Smash Bros. It'll be the first one I own. It looks pretty good. Hmmm, I also have Advance Wars 2 and Zelda:The Minish Cap to finish for my Gameboy. Both excellent games but I only play them while travelling (a self-imposed restriction). Hey, I have Final Fantasy V for Gameboy, too.

8) I now plan on catching up on my gaming now that I have mono.