1.24.2006

Sigh

Hopefully, this is simply the deserved slap on the wrist for the Liberal Party. I couldn't believe how quickly the knives were out for Martin from the comments of several senior Liberals as the reuslts were coming in. I was going to say that I expected a Liberal leadership convention quickly but the CBC is reporting that Martin is stepping down as leader so it'll be even sooner than I thought.

Now it's a question of how long this minority lasts. I can't imagine this working for too long unless the floor-crossing parade continues. I hope Belinda is wearing sneakers (God, no one is that stupid; you can see she's already planning her run from within). In any case, unless the Cons can somehow not stab the dagger of retardation in the face of Canadians (unlikely), we'll be back to some new Liberal shenanigans in 2008...