Final Fantasy X - Not terrible but too damn mediocre. Beautiful? Yes. Fun? Meh...
Working - Let's see... "Off for a year to write a book" versus "Working shmoe". Booooo, 2005!
GTA: Vice City - I give up. I don't like it. I've tried and tried but it ain't gonna happen.
Guns, Germs & Steel - Cut it in half and it's good.
Not finishing a rewrite - I only got 1/3 through my book. It could probably stand one more rewrite, too.
Sleep - I'd complain more but my wife gets even less.
andyournameis.com - I still want to do this podcast but I lack the equipment, the time and the willpower.
Dragon Quest 8 - Everything FFX should have been. I'm not even halfway and I'm loving it!
The Design of Everyday Things - Just so interesting!
The Office (BBC) - I am humbled, awed. I stare in wonder.
Arular - Need a Visa? Got with a geeza'. Need some money? Paid 'im with 'er knees up.
meanderingly.com - It's going pretty much as I expected.
My TV - It's so wrong to derive this much satisfaction from an object.
Improv - I feel like I can finally run after years of stumbling, bumbling and mumbling.
1. Live in another city for a year with my wife
2. Publish a book
3. Get beat by my son playing video games
4. Continue my D&D campaign
5. Play weekly ball hockey again
6. Regular improv shows
7. Give all my friends a hug
Seven things to do before I die (when I was an idealistic teenager):
1. Invent something useful
2. Become a politician
3. Become an astronaut
4. Get married
5. Publish a book
6. Be a good parent
7. Get some
Seven things I cannot do:
1. Argue with someone whose mind cannot be changed
2. Sing well
3. Remember anything
4. Be patient wth small details
6. Find an inexpensive USB microphone (I didn't really try)
7. Work diligently
Seven things that attract me to my spouse:
1. Her eyes
2. I did it all for the nookie
3. Her argumentativeness
4. Her unwillingness to put up with my shit
5. Good birthing hips
6. She laughs at my jokes
7. I laugh at her jokes
Seven things I say most often:
2. It's amazing.
3. Booboo baby!
5. I think it's your turn.
7. That's me.
Seven books I love:
1. Lions of Al-Rassan
2. The Black Company
3. Great Expectations
4. The Design of Everyday Things
7. Famous Last Words
1. Lord of the Rings Trilogy
Seven movies I would watch over and over again:
2. Star Wars Classic Trilogy
3. The Professional (European Cut)
6. Kill Bill Duology
7. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
[snip domestic nonsense]
Ben wants to type you a message:
These few lines made my day. I immediately felt a huge rush of love for my wife and son. Apparently, you become an over-emotional idiot when you become a father.
- Burnout: Revenge (PS2) - 40% complete
- The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (GBA SP) - 30%
- Viewtiful Joe (Gamecube) - 30%
- Larry's Party (Carol Shields) - 70%
- House of Flying Daggers
- Taxi (the original French version)