9.22.2005

Behind the Music Hot Chicks

I like finding out who writes/produces the songs I like and it sometimes surprises me the links that can be found.

For instance, an easy example is The Neptunes. They've pretty much had a hip-hop song of theirs in the Top 10 for the last four years in a row. A sampler: Hella Good (No Doubt), Hot in Herre (Nelly), Like I Love You (Justin Timberlake), Drop It Like It's Hot (Snoop Dogg), Slave 4 U (Britney Spears), and on and on... Even if you don't like the music, you gotta give props to a solid record of making da hot beats.

Another songwriter that's wormed her way into your ear: Cathy Dennis. She wrote Can't Get You Out Of My Head (Kylie Minogue) and Toxic (Britney Spears), two songs that roamed the radio like dinosaurs ruled the Earth. I remember her dance hits from when I was in high school...

The inspiration for this post is finding out that Linda Perry, former lead singer of 4 Non-Blondes, has written a bunch of songs that have made the radio. Beautiful (X-Tina), Get The Party Started (Pink), What You Waiting For (Gwen Stefani). Hey, I liked their version of Misty Mountain Hop.