9.22.2004

Jerkstore

I have been called a vicious and harsh person several times and I think it's true. I believe that most people are vicious and harsh to one another, either in the shadier corners of their mind or, even worse, behind the back of those whom they savage.

My personal motto has always been to never say anything about someone I wouldn't say to their face. I guess my problem is that I don't actually mind being vicious to a person (friend, foe or stranger) and will say what's on my mind. I have always had a distinct lack of tact and it's something I continuously work on. I now try to keep my mouth shut when I think I'm about to say something unnecessarily vicious.

I will still tell people how I feel regardless of how they might react to it if I feel it's relevant to the discussion at hand. I don't fear personal repercussions from my actions or words. I'm not in high school anymore and I like to think of my friends as grown-ups. This inevitably leads to people calling me vicious and harsh. I can't say that it bothers me. People are vicious, me included (me especially?), and I prefer honest brutality to fake smiles when it counts.