4.15.2003

I guess the war in Iraq seems to be heralded as over as far the media is concerned. Back to your regularly scheduled pap.

I suppose that one day if Democracy flourishes in the Middle East some people will look back at this as the beginning and say, "Well, if it weren't for us, you still wouldn't be able to vote." much like they say "If it weren't for us, you'd be speaking German." (I won't specify who "they" are. I'm sure you can't figure my crypticism out. Yes, I just made up that word.)

Does that mean, in the end, wrong in the present can become right in the future? Or just different? Is it that history is written by the winners or is it that the winners survive history repeating itself?

I speak of wrong and right as though there are absolute answers when I know full well there aren't any but for some reason the mind demands it. Is our conscience that binary? I'll think about that.